Saturday 24 March 2012

VERMINOUS - Smell The Birth Of Death 7" / MCD

I remember hearing this material not too long after it came out. It sounded somewhat like Exhumed going Merciless to me.Well honestly it still does to this very day. I remeber a lot of folks into goregrind and deathmetal complaining about how today there is only a handful of quality Death Metal bands and the rest was just utter shit.. ( I'm talking almost ten years ago ) They'd go on counting the good guys understandably mentioning Funebrarum from the U.S. , Slugathor from Finland and then they'd continue with counting newer Swedish acts such as Serpent Obscene, Kaamos, Repugnant. Well that's it actually. Not many true DM bands at the time. Verminous appeared from that Swedish "corner". Years later I got into Kaamos, actually thru Revokation, but from the very begining I was hooked on this material by Verminous. It was all I needed back then. It was a fast and a short output,  four tracks of killer energy , blitzkrieg Death-Metal with raw sound. Intense & adernaline-laden. Safe to say this release managed stay on my top 100 all-time E.P's. still to this day. Don't know precisely why, there's just something fascinating about it. Killer shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment