Wednesday 21 March 2012

PESTILENTIAL SHADOWS - Depths CD


Very well crafted and executed Australian Black Metal with european B/M vibe. I am talking Macabre Omen, Luror and , well I hear Klage aswell. I swear first time I heard this album I've could have sworn it's an european band, a pretty good one, but european, I would have cut both my legs for a bet.
Anyway, this album is flawless. Great songs, good guitar work, good drumming, vox are generic for this type of style. The album does have longer songs but that dosen't matter as they're not boring at all. Production is top-notch for this type of music, never too clear , never to muddy.  Everything is perfectly balanced and seems being thought-over a lot.
Replay value: Very high in the first week, settles down a bit with time passing ( naturally with new releases coming in.. ) but still manages to stay somewhere in between Mid to Mid High. After a year it's pretty much a one-time-a-month thing. Still very enjoyable. So yeah, I'd say it's a very good release.

No comments:

Post a Comment