Monday 10 January 2011

NÅSTROND - Muspellz Synir LP / CD

The weird phase of Nåstrond started somewhere around the time they did the split 7" w/ Nocternity as much as I know ( Thou I gotta confess I'm not sure). All I remember is that this band wasn't very interesting in early 90's. Not that I claim they were'nt any good, but for me it was more a thing of an extremely sissy record label they had put their debut album at. The label that had like 4 good releases and the rest was utter crap.I get repulsed by that label. Seriously. Now back to Nåstrond...
It seems like there is a whole new concept within their approach. Be it Slagmaur influence, or even industrial music in general, anyhow Nåstrond seems fresh again. It may not be everyone cup of tea but i find this newer shit awesome. It's like blackmetal went industrial and doom yet staying blackmetal 100%. It sounds like out of this world, insane, weird and fuck!... and also very daring. I mean not many would go this way. I fuckin hear Locust Abortion Technician here...and and same time it does sound kind-of orthodox?!  Weird fuckin' shit. Dark & doomy & morbid. Exceptional stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment